Bonney Lake Triathlon
ONLINE REGISTRATION HAS CLOSED, PLEASE DO NOT CALL BUDU RACING ASKING ABOUT REGISTERING!
WE WILL ALLOW ONSITE REGISTRATION ON FRIDAY AND SATURDAY, IT WILL END ON SATURDAY AT 7:15AM FOR THE OLYMPIC AND 7:45 FOR THE SPRINT. SEE YOU OUT THERE!
BuDu Racing, LLC is proud to pledge a portion of the registration fees to support the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation (JDRF). The mission of JDRF is to find a cure for diabetes and its complications through the support of research. Type 1 diabetes is an autoimmune disease that strikes children and adults suddenly, and can be fatal. Until a cure is found, people with type 1 diabetes have to test their blood sugar and give themselves insulin, every day of their lives. And even with that intensive care, insulin is not a cure for diabetes, nor does it prevent its eventual and devastating complications, which may include kidney failure, blindness, heart disease, stroke, and amputation.
Enjoy your “Labor of Love” triathlon with either a Sprint or Olympic distance race in beautiful Bonney Lake on Labor Day Saturday. Bask in the waters of Lake Tapps, pedal the back roads of Pierce County through rich farmlands, and run in the foothills all while enjoying breathtaking views of Lake Tapps and majestic Mount Rainier. Bonney Lake, a triathlete’s dream race and reward for your years of labor.
Bonney Lake Chamber of Commerce
|This is event is promoted by both BuDu Racing, LLC and the Bonney Lake Chamber of Commerce. It is a great partnership, and the Chamber promotes Get Fit Bonney Lake, whose mission is: "Local Businesses creating awareness for good health, wellness, and lifestyle changes through our services, events, and community involvement."|
|OLYMPIC||0.9 Miles||22.2 Miles||5.9 Miles|
|SPRINT||0.32 Miles||12.2 Miles||3.1 Miles|
What do I get with my Registration Fee?
- Quick results - posted on site!
- Finishers Medals for each participant
- Post event food, which typically consists of:
- Top Finisher, Division and Age Group Awards
- Lots and lots of great prizes from our sponsors - handed out during the awards ceremony! (Can't win unless present - your name MAY be called!)
- Last and certainly NOT LEAST: Each participant receives a digital copy of a photo, of yourself while competing in the event. (You will be able to select a photo of your choice)
NON-USA Triathlon Members: A fee will be added to registration costs, to cover the cost of a one-day USA Triathlon license for every participant.(Youth, ages 17 and under, will be required to have a USAT annual membership.)
Registration is limited to the first 350 participants.
Early Bird Pricing (ends two weeks prior to the event). Make sure and get this great price!
Regular Pricing begins August 16, 2014 at 12:10am
Online registration will close at 12:10am on August 29, 2014
- Registration may be available after this date, please check closer to event date for more information.
- An additional fee will be charged after online registration is closed.
|Early Bird Pricing until August 15||Regular Pricing begins August 16||After Online Registration Closes|
|Sprint-Age Group or Clydesdale/Athena||$60||$70||$75|
|Sprint-Relay (2 Person)||$80||$90||$95|
|Sprint-Relay (3 Person)||$90||$100||$105|
|Olympic-Age Group or Clydesdale/Athena||$70||$80||$85|
|Olympic Relay (2 Person)||$90||$100||$105|
|Olympic-Relay (3 Person)||$100||$110||$115|
This is the base price and does not include the USA Triathlon fee (if applicable), sales tax or the online registration fee.
- BuDu Racing, LLC will allow a refund up to one month prior to the event (the online registration fee is not refundable).
- Up to two weeks prior to the event, a transfer to another BuDu Racing, LLC event is allowed, but NO refunds.
- There is a $5 fee that participants will be responsible for when transferring.
- The week of the event, there are NO refunds or transfers.
- If you need to request a refund or transfer, please email info@BuDuRacing.com
- Event is USA Triathlon Sanctioned
- Standard USA Triathlon Categories:
- Age Groups: under 19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34...65-69, 70 & over
- Athenas (women >165 lbs.) and Clydesdale (men >220 lbs.)
- USA Triathlon Rules enforced. This includes wearing a HELMET at ALL times when on your bike. No headsets are allowed on course.
Early in the week prior to the event, you should receive a confirmation email that lists your bib number and registration email. You are strongly encouraged, but not required, to pick-up your packet on Thursday or Friday evening.
Additional Packet Pick-Up (At Fleet Feet Bonney Lake):
Thursday 5 to 7pm
Packet Pick-Up (At Allan Yorke Park):
Friday: 5pm to 7:30pm
Saturday: 6:30am to 8:00am
At 8:00am: Olympic Distance Swim
~ 8:30am: Sprint Distance Swim (Will start once the Olympic swim is completed)
Course will close at noon. Course marshalling and official timing will stop at this time.
BuDu Racing, LLC is pleased to announce that participants will have the opportunity to purchase a short sleeve tech event shirt with this logo. You will need to purchase the shirt when you register online, for an additional $15. Shirts will not be available for purchase after August 21. We may have a small supply of shirts for purchase on event day, on a first come first serve basis.
For those wanting to purchase a wetsuit, we recommend Promotion Wetsuits and to rent a wetsuit, we recommend WetsuitRental.com. Water temperatures vary greatly from event to event, and year to year, and it is hard to estimate the temperature, until a measurement is taken. A wetsuit offers additional flotation which can improve your swim performance, helping you have more to give on the bike and run. WetsuitRental.com is able to offer next day delivery for participants in Washington and Oregon. To guarantee availability of one of their well-fit, brand name triathlon wetsuits, they do recommend you order from their website ahead of time. The rental cost is $45.00 and FedEx Ground shipping is only 1 day within WA state. You can direct questions to email@example.com or give them a call at 306-297-1818.
Local Support and Lodging: