Ellensburg Triathlon Past Results
07/23/16Ellensburg Triathlon (Olympic and Sprint courses)
07/25/15Ellensburg Sprint Triathlon
07/26/14Ellensburg Sprint Triathlon
07/27/13Ellensburg Sprint Triathlon
Ellensburg Triathlon (Olympic and Sprint courses)
From I-90 – Take the Canyon Road Exit, (109) toward Ellensburg (North). Turn Left onto E Umptanum Road, watch for park sign on the Right )about 1 mile out). The map link takes you to a cross road just beyond the park. The park is NOT located on Brown Road.
Online registration has closed, but we will offer onsite registration at packet pick up on Friday and Saturday. See below for more information. Please do not call BuDu to ask about registering, just come to the packet pick up. Thanks!
BuDu Racing, LLC Charity of Choice: JDRF!
|For more event information and online registration, please go to the following link:|
This is a USA Triathlon
Multiple Event Discount
To learn more about the Multiple Event Discount and the BuDu Championship please go to: Multiple Event Discount
|For 2017, Mjolnir Cycles will again be awarding a fully custom steel frame and fork to one lucky recipient who participates in three BuDu multi-sport events in the 2017 season. This is being expanded this year to include the east-side events (Moses Lake Triathlon and Ellensburg Triathlon) as well as the three west-side events (Mount Rainier Duathlon, Bonney Lake Triathlon, and Lake Stevens Triathlon). The frame and fork will be awarded at the Lake Stevens Triathlon on September 9th, but you don't need to be present to win. Last year's winner, Leighton Overson, opted to have a gravel bike made for him, fully fitted and custom made to his specifications, with disc brakes and fender mounts. What would you choose? Check out their website at: Mjolnir Cycles|
About this Event
Come to Ellensburg for Triathlon. The swim will be a local park, just off of I-90. The bike course follows the local roads in a residential and farming area. The run will be on trail and road. New in 2016 we are adding an Olympic Distance Course.
(Finish by 10:30am)
|3.1 Miles (Mainly Trail)
(Finish by 11:30am)
(Finish by 11am)
|6.2 Miles (Mainly Trail)
(Finish by noon)
- Quick results - posted on site!
- Finishers Medals for each participant
- Post event food, which typically consists of:
- Breads and bakery products
- Meats and cheeses
- Peanut Butter & Jelly, and Nutella
- Fresh Fruit
- Top Finisher, Division and Age Group Awards
- Lots and lots of great prizes from our sponsors - handed out during the awards ceremony! (Can't win unless present - your name MAY be called!)
- Last and certainly NOT LEAST: Each participant (who registers at least 1 month in advance of the event) will receive a promotional item, yet to be determined.
NON-USA Triathlon Members: A fee will be added to registration costs, to cover the cost of a one-day USA Triathlon license for every participant. The fee for Adults (persons aged 18 in the current year) will pay $15. Youth, ages 17 and under (in the current year) are offered the annual license at a cost of $10.
Early Bird Pricing (ends two weeks prior to the event). Make sure and get this great price!
Regular Pricing begins July 8, 2017 at 12:10am
Online registration will close at 12:10am on July 21, 2017
- Registration may be available after this date, please check closer to event date for more information.
- An additional fee will be charged for onsite registration.
|Early Bird Pricing until
|Regular Pricing Begins
|Sprint-Age Group or Clydesdale/Athena||$65||$75||$80|
|Sprint-Relay (2 Person)||$85||$95||$100|
|Sprint-Relay (3 Person)||$95||$105||$110|
|Olympic-Age Group or Clydesdale/Athena||$75||$85||$95|
|Olympic-Relay (2 Person)||$95||$105||$110|
|Olympic-Relay (3 Person)||$105||$115||$120|
This is the base price and does not include the USA Triathlon fee (if applicable), or the online registration fee.
- BuDu Racing, LLC will allow a refund up to one month prior to the event minus a $5 processing fee (the online registration fee is nonrefundable).
- Up to two weeks prior to the event, a transfer to another BuDu Racing, LLC event is allowed, but NO refunds. There will be $10 fee that the participant will be responsible for when transferring to another event.
- The week of the event, there are NO refunds or transfers.
If you need to request a refund or transfer, please email info@BuDuRacing.com
- Event is USA Triathlon Sanctioned (For information about an annual USAT membership - go here! )
- Standard USA Triathlon Categories:
- Age Groups: under 19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34...65-69, 70 & over
- Athena/Clydesdale (women >165lbs, men >220lbs)
- USA Triathlon Rules enforced. This includes wearing a HELMET at ALL times when on your bike. No headsets are allowed on course.
Early in the week prior to the event, you should receive a confirmation email that lists your bib number and registration information. You are strongly encouraged, but not required, to pick-up your packet on Friday evening.
Packet Pick-Up :
At 8:00 am
Course will close at 12pm. Course marshalling and official timing will stop at this time. Please sign up for the course you can complete.
BuDu Racing, LLC is pleased to announce that participants will have the opportunity to purchase an event shirt (logo will be posted soon). You will need to order the shirt when you register online. Shirts will not be available for purchase after July 14th. We may have a small supply of shirts for purchase at packet pick up on Friday or on event day, on a first come first serve basis.
For those wanting to purchase a wetsuit, BuDu recommends Promotion Wetsuits and to rent a wetsuit BuDu recommends WetsuitRental.com. At WetsuitRental.com, they strive to take the stress out of the wetsuit selection and handling process by offering a comprehensive rental package that they believe is the best value in the industry. Cost is $65
- They will ship your wetsuit out two weeks before your event giving you time to train with it before the big day
- Your wetsuit ships via US Postal Service Priority Mail to your door for free. This means a 1-2-day delivery time to the Pacific NW,
- Everything needed for a hassle-free return of your rental wetsuit will be shipped out with your suit - including a prepaid return postage label,
- Their all-inclusive wetsuit rental package includes a fit-guarantee (necessary size replacements requested at least 3 days before your event ship free),
- Every rental includes a $50 credit towards the purchase of any used or new wetsuit in their inventory, and
- You'll experience their proven 5-star service and discover a wealth of knowledge and expertise. (check out their reviews!).
- They have wetsuit sizes available for the whole family. And the more you rent, the more you save. Plus, checkout with code LOVEBUDU to save an additional $5!
Local Support and Lodging:
|Mountain High Sports||
105 E 4th Ave, Ellensburg,Washington 98926
|ReCycle Shop||415 N. Main, Ellensburg, WA 98926
|Outdoor Pursuits and Rentals||
400 E. University Way
|Holiday Inn Express||
1620 Canyon Road, Ellensburg, 98926