Five Mile Lake Co-Ed Sprint Triathlon
From I-5 – take the 320th Street exit in Federal Way. Head east on 320th to Military Road and take a right (South bound). Follow Military Road to King County's Five Mile Lake Park (on the right hand side).
Take advantage of a mainly flat and fast course in the Five Mile Lake Triathlon. Start with a 1/4 mile swim in the mineral Five Mile Lake, and enjoy the small roller, two-loop (14 mile) bike through mainly residential roads. Finish with a 3.1 mile run which follows a portion of the bike course. Standard USAT age group categories, including Clydesdale, Athena and Relay. JDRF Sprint Retro Tri-Been racing Triathlons for a while now? Feel like you’ve done it all? Looking for a Fun ‘new’ way to challenge yourself and your friends? Well you’re in luck. Enter the Retro Tri. No wetsuit, no fancy bikes, or high tech gear. Register and then make a suggested donation of $20 to Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation NW when you pick up your packet. Special Trophies and prizes will be awarded in the Retro-Tri category.
|0.25 Miles||14 Miles (2 Laps)||3.1 Miles|
|On or before
|Sprint-Age Group or Clydesdale/Athena||$60||$70||$75|
|Sprint-Relay (2 Person)||$80||$90||$95|
|Sprint-Retro (NO Frills!!)||$60||$70||$75|
This is the base price and does not include the USA Triathlon fee (if applicable), sales tax or the online registration fee.
What is Retro?
No frills and a lot of spirit! Retro Spirit Award winners are selected by all racers at the triathlon. Winners exhibit an over-the-top retro look from bike and running shoes to clothing and lack of any wetsuit. You may not be fast but you will stand out! Retro Spirit Award winners embrace the triathlete of olde. From speedos and flowered caps to leather saddles and more bike spokes then you can count. Retro Spirit Award Winners receive a Mac & Jacks Growler each!
What do I get with my Registration Fee?
- Quick results - posted on site!
- Finishers Medals for each participant, handcrafted by Sarah Rankin of Studio2You
- Post event food, which typically consists of:
- Top Finisher, Division and Age Group Awards
- Lots and lots of great prizes from our sponsors - handed out during the awards ceremony! (Can't win unless present - your name MAY be called!)
- Last and certainly NOT LEAST: Each participant receives a digital copy of a photo, of yourself while competing in the event. (You will be able to select a photo of your choice)
- Late fee - of $10 - kicks in after 12:10am on June 16th, 2012
- NON-USA Triathlon Members: A fee will be added to registration costs, to cover the cost of a one-day USA Triathlon license for every participant.(Youth, ages 17 and under, will be required to have a USAT annual membership.)
- An assortment of apparel will be available for purchase at an additional charge.
- Online registration will close at 12:10am on June 29th, 2012
- Registration may be available after this date, please check closer to event date for more information.
- An additional fee will be charged after online registration is closed.
- BuDu Racing, LLC will allow a refund up to one month prior to the event (if registered online, there is a fee to refund).
- Up to two weeks prior to the event, a transfer to another BuDu Racing, LLC event is allowed, but NO refunds.
- The week of the event, there are NO refunds or transfers.
- If you need to request a refund or transfer, please email info@BuDuRacing.com
- Event is USA Triathlon Sanctioned (For information about an annual USAT membership - go here! )
- Standard USA Triathlon Categories:
- Age Groups: under 19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34...65-69, 70 & over
- Athenas (women
- USA Triathlon Rules enforced. This includes wearing a HELMET at ALL times when on your bike. No headsets are allowed on course.
Early in the week prior to the event, you should receive a confirmation email that lists your bib number and registration information. You are strongly encouraged, but not required, to pick-up your packet on Friday evening.
Packet Pick-Up (At Five Mile Lake Park):
Friday: 6 pm to 8 pm
Saturday: 6:30 am to 7:30 am
At 8:00 am
Course will close at 11 am. Course marshalling and official timing will stop at this time.
|BuDu Racing, LLC is pleased to announce that participants will have the opportunity to purchase an event shirt. The great staff at Custom Shirt Shop, located in Tacoma, have put together some great logos for the BuDu Racing, LLC events, and have a couple of event shirts to choose from. There is also some BuDu Racing, LLC logoed items as well. We hope you take advantage of this opportunity. Please take a look at the online store: Event Shirts|
BuDu Racing, LLC Charity of Choice: JDRF!
|Lodging:||Marriot Courtyard, Federal Way: 31910 Gateway Center Blvd. South; (253)529-0200/(800) 321-2211|