From Point Defiance/Tacoma Ferry, turn on to SW Tahlequah Road (go 0.2 mi). Continue on Vashon HWY SW (go 5.8 mi). Bear right on SW Quartermaster Drive (go 1.4 mi). Turn right on Dockton Road SW (go 3.4 mi) Dockton Road SW becomes SW Dock ST (go 0.1 mi). Park on right hand side of road at Dockton Park. From West Seattle Ferry, take Vashon HWY SW road. Bear left on SW Quartermaster Drive (go 1.4 mi). Turn right on Dockton Road SW (go 3.4 mi) Dockton Road SW becomes SW Dock ST (go 0.1 mi). Park on right hand side of road at King County's Dockton Park.
XTERRA Vashon Island puts you back on the mountain bike. Before you get to the start, enjoy the ferry on to Vashon and see the beauty of the Sound. Start with an 800M swim in Quartermaster Harbor, which is routinely 65 degrees in open salt water. Transfer to your bike, starting heading into the trails with great singletrack trails and awesome views of the Puget Sound, Mt. Rainier, and Tacoma. You will complete three loops, for a total of 14 miles. The trail run heads up a long, ascent into the trails for singletrack running, making two loops on the top of the course and back down to the finish line. Keep an eye for an eagle or two. You need to be able to be finished within 3 hours.
|Swim - 1/2 mile - Dock Start|
|Swim - 1/2 mile - Boat Launch Start|
|Bike Course - 3 loops-Total 12.4 miles|
|Run Course - 3.5 miles (2 loops at top of course)|
|On or before
|Age Group, Clydesdale/Athena
and Challenged Athlete
|Relay (2 Person)||$80||$90||$95|
This is the base price and does not include the USA Triathlon fee (if applicable), sales tax or the online registration fee.
- Quick results - posted on site!
- Finishers Medals for each participant, handcrafted by Sarah Rankin of Studio2You
- Post event food, which typically consists of:
- Top Finisher, Division and Age Group Awards
- Lots and lots of great prizes from our sponsors - handed out during the awards ceremony! (Can't win unless present - your name MAY be called!)
- Last and certainly NOT LEAST: Each participant receives a digital copy of a photo, of yourself while competing in the event. (You will be able to select a photo of your choice)
- Late fee - of $10 - kicks in after 12:10am on June 24th, 2012
- NON-USA Triathlon Members: A fee will be added to registration costs, to cover the cost of a one-day USA Triathlon license for every participant.(Youth, ages 17 and under, will be required to have a USAT annual membership.)
- An assortment of apparel will be available for purchase at an additional charge.
- Online registration will close at 12:10am on July 6th, 2012
- Registration may be available after this date, please check closer to event date for more information.
- An additional fee will be charged after online registration is closed.
- BuDu Racing, LLC will allow a refund up to one month prior to the event (if registered online, there is a fee to refund).
- Up to two weeks prior to the event, a transfer to another BuDu Racing, LLC event is allowed, but NO refunds.
- The week of the event, there are NO refunds or transfers.
- If you need to request a refund or transfer, please email info@BuDuRacing.com
- Event is USA Triathlon Sanctioned (For information about an annual USAT membership - go here! )
- Standard USA Triathlon Categories:
- Age Groups: under 19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34...65-69, 70 & over
- Athenas (women
- Challenged Athlete (per XTERRA guidelines)
- USA Triathlon Rules enforced. This includes wearing a HELMET at ALL times when on your bike. No headsets are allowed on course.
Early in the week prior to the event, you should receive a confirmation email that lists your bib number and registration information. You are strongly encouraged, but not required, to pick-up your packet on Saturday.
Packet Pick-Up (At King County's Dockton Park):
Saturday: Times to be determined closer to event
Sunday: 7:30 am to 8:30 am
At 9:00 am
Course will close at 12pm. Course marshalling and official timing will stop at this time.
|BuDu Racing, LLC is pleased to announce that participants will have the opportunity to purchase an event shirt. The great staff at Custom Shirt Shop, located in Tacoma, have put together some great logos for the BuDu Racing, LLC events, and have a couple of event shirts to choose from. There is also some BuDu Racing, LLC logoed items as well. We hope you take advantage of this opportunity. Please take a look at the online store: Event Shirts|
BuDu Racing, LLC Charity of Choice: JDRF!