Whisky Dick Triathlon
From I-90 - East or West bound, take exit 136 and proceed north. Turn right into the park entrance (Boat Ramp Road) Finish is at Kittitas Fairgrounds For a map to the finish, click the following link: Kittitas County Fairgrounds
The Whisky Dick Triathlon has been going on for many years. It’s tough, but not impossible! Start with the swim in Vantage in the mighty Columbia River. Get your bike and start the ride into Ellensburg. Make sure you are in the right gear as during the first 12 miles you ascend 1900 feet as you see some beautiful terrain. Finish the ride at the Kittitas Fairgrounds and start the run heading out onto the John Wayne Trail, then going through some of the town and finish the run at the Fairgrounds. This event includes a 10K Fun Run that will start at 9:30 am at the Kittitas Fairgrounds.
|1 Mile||28 Miles||6.2 Miles|
|Time Limit: 50 Min||Must complete by 12:30||Must Complete by 1:30|
|On or before
|Olympic-Age Group or Clydesdale/Athena||$70||$80||$85|
|Olympic Relay (2 Person)||$90||$100||$105|
|Olympic-Relay (3 Person)||$100||$110||$115|
This is the base price and does not include the USA Triathlon fee (if applicable), sales tax or the online registration fee.
- Quick results - posted on site!
- Finishers Medals for each participant, handcrafted by Sarah Rankin of Studio2You
- An event t-shirt (there is no guarantee that you will receive a t-shirt if you register after July 20)
- Post event food, which typically consists of:
- Top Finisher, Division and Age Group Awards
- Lots and lots of great prizes from our sponsors - handed out during the awards ceremony! (Can't win unless present - your name MAY be called!)
- Late fee of $10 kicks in after 12:10am on July 15, 2012
- Registration is limited to the first 500 participants
- NON-USA Triathlon Members: A $10 fee will be added to registration costs, to cover the cost of a one-day USA Triathlon license for every participant.
- An assortment of apparel will be available for purchase at an additional charge.
- Online registration will close at 12:10am on July 28, 2012
- Registration may be available after this date, please check closer to event date for more information.
- An additional fee will be charged after online registration is closed.
- BuDu Racing, LLC will allow a refund up to one month prior to the event (if registered online, there is a fee to refund).
- Up to two weeks prior to the event, a transfer to another BuDu Racing, LLC event is allowed, but NO refunds.
- The week of the event, there are NO refunds or transfers.
- If you need to request a refund or transfer, please email info@BuDuRacing.com
- Event is USA Triathlon Sanctioned (For information about an annual USAT membership - go here! )
- Standard USA Triathlon Categories:
- Age Groups: under 19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34...65-69, 70 & over
- Athenas (women
- USA Triathlon Rules enforced. This includes wearing a HELMET at ALL times when on your bike. No headsets are allowed on course.
Early in the week prior to the event, you should receive a confirmation email that lists your bib number and registration information. You are strongly encouraged, but not required, to pick-up your packet on Friday or Saturday.
Packet Pick-Up :
At 8:30 am
You must be able to complete the course within 5 hours.
The bike and run courses will close at this time, including removal of aid stations and course marshals. Athletes who choose to continue must obey normal pedestrian traffic rules. Athletes finishing after this limit may not be recorded as official finishers or eligible for awards.
BuDu Racing, LLC is pleased to announce that if you register by July 20th, you will receive an event shirt in the size of your choice, those registering after that date are not guaranteed a shirt. These shirts are printed by Shirtworks, in Ellensburg.
In addition, the great staff at Custom Shirt Shop, located in Tacoma has some BuDu Racing, LLC logoed items available for purchase. We hope you take advantage of this opportunity. Please take a look at the online store here: BuDu Racing, LLC Store
BuDu Racing, LLC Charity of Choice: JDRF!
Local Support and Lodging:
|Bicycle Shop:||Recycle Shop:||415 N. Main, Ellensburg, WA 98926; (509)925-3326|
1620 Canyon Road,Ellensburg,WA 98926