Five Mile Lake Co-Ed Sprint Triathlon
From I-5 – take the 320th Street exit in Federal Way. Head east on 320th to Military Road and take a right (South bound). Follow Military Road to King County's Five Mile Lake Park (on the right hand side).
BuDu Racing, LLC Charity of Choice: JDRF!
About this Event:
Take advantage of a mainly flat and fast course in the Five Mile Lake Triathlon. Start with a 1/4 mile swim in the mineral Five Mile Lake, and enjoy the small roller, two-loop (14 mile) bike through mainly residential roads. Finish with a 3.1 mile run which follows a portion of the bike course.
|0.25 Miles||14 Miles (2 Laps)||3.1 Miles|
What do I get with my Registration Fee?
- Quick results - posted on site!
- Finishers Medals for each participant
- Post event food, which typically consists of:
- Top Finisher, Division and Age Group Awards
- Lots and lots of great prizes from our sponsors - handed out during the awards ceremony! (Can't win unless present - your name MAY be called!)
- Last and certainly NOT LEAST: Each participant receives a digital copy of a photo, of yourself while competing in the event. (You will be able to select a photo of your choice)
NON-USA Triathlon Members: A fee will be added to registration costs, to cover the cost of a one-day USA Triathlon license for every participant.(Youth, ages 17 and under, will be required to have a USAT annual membership.)
Registration is limited to the first 500 participants.
Early Bird Pricing (ends two weeks prior to the event). Make sure and get this great price!
Regular Pricing begins June 15, 2013 at 12:10am
Online registration will close at 12:10am on June 28, 2013
- Registration may be available after this date, please check closer to event date for more information.
- An additional fee will be charged after online registration is closed.
|Early Bird Pricing until June 14||Regular Pricing begins
|Sprint-Age Group or Clydesdale/Athena||$60||$70||$75|
|Sprint-Relay (2 Person)||$80||$90||$95|
|Sprint-Retro (NO Frills!!)||$60||$70||$75|
This is the base price and does not include the USA Triathlon fee (if applicable), sales tax or the online registration fee.
What is Retro?
Been racing triathlons for awhile now? Feel like you've done it all? Looking for a fun new way to challenge yourself and your friends? Well, you're in luck! Enter the Retro Tri. No wetsuit, no fancy bikes, or high tech gear. No frills and a lot of spirit! Retro Spirit Award winners are selected by all racers at the triathlon. Winners exhibit an over-the-top retro look from bike and running shoes to clothing and lack of any wetsuit. You may not be fast but you will stand out! Retro Spirit Award winners embrace the triathlete of olde. From speedos and flowered caps to leather saddles and more bike spokes then you can count. Retro Spirit Award Winners receive a Mac & Jacks Growler each! Register and then make a suggested donation of $20 to the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation NW when you pick up your packet.
- BuDu Racing, LLC will allow a refund up to one month prior to the event (if registered online, there is a fee to refund).
- Up to two weeks prior to the event, a transfer to another BuDu Racing, LLC event is allowed, but NO refunds.
- The week of the event, there are NO refunds or transfers.
- If you need to request a refund or transfer, please email info@BuDuRacing.com
- Event is USA Triathlon Sanctioned (For information about an annual USAT membership - go here! )
- Standard USA Triathlon Categories:
- Age Groups: under 19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34...65-69, 70 & over
- Athenas (women >165lbs, men >220lbs)
- USA Triathlon Rules enforced. This includes wearing a HELMET at ALL times when on your bike. No headsets are allowed on course.
Early in the week prior to the event, you should receive a confirmation email that lists your bib number and registration information. You are strongly encouraged, but not required, to pick-up your packet on Friday evening.
Packet Pick-Up (At Five Mile Lake Park):
Friday: 6 pm to 8 pm
Saturday: 6:30 am to 7:30 am
At 8:00 am
Course will close at 11 am. Course marshalling and official timing will stop at this time.
For those wanting to purchase a wetsuit, we recommend Promotion Wetsuits and to rent a wetsuit, we recommend WetsuitRental.com. Water temperatures vary greatly from event to event, and year to year, and it is hard to estimate the temperature, until a measurement is taken. A wetsuit offers additional flotation which can improve your swim performance, helping you have more to give on the bike and run. WetsuitRental.com is able to offer next day delivery for participants in Washington and Oregon. To guarantee availability of one of their well-fit, brand name triathlon wetsuits, they do recommend you order from their website ahead of time. The rental cost is $45.00 and FedEx Ground shipping is only 1 day within WA state. You can direct questions to email@example.com or give them a call at 306-297-1818.
Local Support and Lodging:
|Lodging:||Marriot Courtyard, Federal Way: 31910 Gateway Center Blvd. South; (253)529-0200/(800) 321-2211|