Moses Lake Triathlon: For the Health of It!!
From 1-90 East, take exit 174 (Mae Valley/Hansen Rd). Turn right at exit, right on Sage Rd., right on Hansen Road, right at Stop Sign onto Westshore Drive. The park is 1 mi. on the left. From I-90 West, take exit 175. Right off exit and park entrance will be on right.
BuDu Racing, LLC Charity of Choice: JDRF!
About this Event:
Sprint, Olympic and Family distances. Enjoy the Sprint distance with a swim of ½ mile, a 11 mile ride (out and back) parallel to I-90, and finish with a 3.1 mile run along beautiful Moses Lake. Or challenge yourself with the Olympic distance, completing a second loop in the swim, a 22 mile ride (out and back) parallel to I-90, and finish with a 6.2 mile along Moses Lake. The Family distance provides a ¼ mile shoreline swim, and continues with the same 11 mile ride, and 3.1 mile run of the Sprint.
|FAMILY (USAT RETRO TRI)||0.25 Miles (From South to North, One Way, One Time)||11 Miles (Out and back – turn around at water station, mile 6)||3.1 Miles (Out and back – turn around at 1st water station)|
|SPRINT||0.5 Miles (From North to South in a loop, once)||11 Miles (Out and back – turn around at water station, mile 6)||3.1 Miles (Out and back – turn around at 1st water station)|
|OLYMPIC||1 Miles (From North to South in a loop, twice)||22 Miles||6.2 Miles|
What do I get with my Registration Fee?
- Quick results - posted on site!
- Finishers Medals for each participant
- Post event food, which typically consists of:
- Top Finisher, Division and Age Group Awards
- A fun cotton T-Shirt (there is no guarantee that you will receive a t-shirt if you register after May 31)
- Lots and lots of great prizes from our sponsors - handed out during the awards ceremony! (Can't win unless present - your name MAY be called!)
- Last and certainly NOT LEAST: Each participant receives a digital copy of a photo, of yourself while competing in the event. (You will be able to select a photo of your choice)
NON-USA Triathlon Members: A fee will be added to registration costs, to cover the cost of a one-day USA Triathlon license for every participant.(Youth, ages 17 and under, will be required to have a USAT annual membership.)
Early Bird Pricing (ends two weeks prior to the event date). Make sure and get this great price!
Regular Price goes into effect on May 25th, 2013 at 12:10am
Online registration will close at 12:10am on June 7th, 2013
- Registration may be available after this date, please check closer to event date for more information.
- An additional fee will be charged after online registration is closed.
|Early Bird Pricing until May 24||Regular Pricing Begins
|Family Distance (USAT Retro Tri)||$25||$30||$35|
|Sprint-Age Group or Clydesdale/Athena||$60||$70||$75|
|Sprint Relay (2 Person)||$80||$90||$95|
|Sprint-Relay (3 Person)||$90||$100||$105|
|Olympic-Age Group or Clydesdale/Athena||$70||$80||$85|
|Olympic Relay (2 Person)||$90||$100||$105|
|Olympic-Relay (3 Person)||$100||$110||$115|
This is the base price and does not include the USA Triathlon fee (if applicable), sales tax or the online registration fee.
- BuDu Racing, LLC will allow a refund up to one month prior to the event (if registered online, there is a fee to refund).
- Up to two weeks prior to the event, a transfer to another BuDu Racing, LLC event is allowed, but NO refunds.
- The week of the event, there are NO refunds or transfers.
- If you need to request a refund or transfer, please email info@BuDuRacing.com
- Event is USA Triathlon Sanctioned (For information about an annual USAT membership - go here! )
- Standard USA Triathlon Categories:
- Age Groups: under 19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34...65-69, 70 & over
- Athena/Clydesdale (women >165lbs, men >220lbs)
- USA Triathlon Rules enforced. This includes wearing a HELMET at ALL times when on your bike. No headsets are allowed on course.
USAT Retro Tri
This year, our Family Distance is part of the 2013 USAT Retro Triathlon Series. The events in this series are non-competitive, and suitable for all ages. If you are a brand new triathlete, looking to participate in a multisport event for the first time, or a younger or older triathlete, looking to have some fun, this is a great option for you!
Visit http://www.usatretrotriseries.com/ for more information about USAT's Retro Tri series.
Please note: This event is not associated with the JDRF Retro Tri Series.
Early in the week prior to the event, you should receive a confirmation email that lists your bib number and registration information. You are strongly encouraged to pick up your packet on Friday!
At 8:00 am: Olympic Distance Swim
Sprint Distance: 10 am
~ 10:15 am: Family Swim (Will start once the Sprint swim is completed)
Course will close at noon. Course marshalling and official timing will stop at this time.
BuDu Racing, LLC is pleased to announce that participants receive an event shirt (logo will be posted soon). Shirts will not be available after May 31. We may have a small supply of shirts available on event day, on a first come first serve basis.
For those wanting to purchase a wetsuit, we recommend Promotion Wetsuits and to rent a wetsuit, we recommend WetsuitRental.com. Water temperatures vary greatly from event to event, and year to year, and it is hard to estimate the temperature, until a measurement is taken. A wetsuit offers additional flotation which can improve your swim performance, helping you have more to give on the bike and run. WetsuitRental.com is able to offer next day delivery for participants in Washington and Oregon. To guarantee availability of one of their well-fit, brand name triathlon wetsuits, they do recommend you order from their website ahead of time. The rental cost is $45.00 and FedEx Ground shipping is only 1 day within WA state. You can direct questions to firstname.lastname@example.org or give them a call at 306-297-1818.
2013 Local Race Sponsors
|Lodging||3000 West Marina Drive
Moses Lake, WA 98837