Whisky Dick Triathlon
From I-90 - East or West bound, take exit 136 and proceed north. Turn right into the park entrance (Boat Ramp Road) Finish is at Kittitas Fairgrounds For a map to the finish, click the following link: Kittitas County Fairgrounds
BuDu Racing, LLC Charity of Choice: JDRF!
About this Event:
|1 Mile||28 Miles||6.2 Miles|
|Time Limit: 50 Min||Must complete by 12:30||Must Complete by 1:30|
- Quick results - posted on site!
- Finishers Medals for each participant
- An event t-shirt (there is no guarantee that you will receive a t-shirt if you register after July 18)
- Post event food, which typically consists of:
- Top Finisher, Division and Age Group Awards
- Lots and lots of great prizes from our sponsors - handed out during the awards ceremony! (Can't win unless present - your name MAY be called!)
NON-USA Triathlon Members: A fee will be added to registration costs, to cover the cost of a one-day USA Triathlon license for every participant.(Youth, ages 17 and under, will be required to have a USAT annual membership.)
Registration is limited to the first 500 participants.
Early Bird Pricing (ends two weeks prior to the event). Make sure and get this great price!
Regular Pricing begins July 14, 2013 at 12:10am
Online registration will close at 12:10am on July 27, 2013
- Registration may be available after this date, please check closer to event date for more information.
- An additional fee will be charged after online registration is closed.
|Earlt Bird Pricing Until
|Regular Pricing Begins
|Olympic-Age Group or Clydesdale/Athena||$70||$80||$85|
|Olympic Relay (2 Person)||$90||$100||$105|
|Olympic-Relay (3 Person)||$100||$110||$115|
This is the base price and does not include the USA Triathlon fee (if applicable), sales tax or the online registration fee.
- BuDu Racing, LLC will allow a refund up to one month prior to the event (if registered online, there is a fee to refund).
- Up to two weeks prior to the event, a transfer to another BuDu Racing, LLC event is allowed, but NO refunds.
- The week of the event, there are NO refunds or transfers.
- If you need to request a refund or transfer, please email info@BuDuRacing.com
- Event is USA Triathlon Sanctioned (For information about an annual USAT membership - go here! )
- Standard USA Triathlon Categories:
- Age Groups: under 19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34...65-69, 70 & over
- Athena/Clydesdale (women >165lbs), men >220lbs)
- USA Triathlon Rules enforced. This includes wearing a HELMET at ALL times when on your bike. No headsets are allowed on course.
- BUS TRANSPORT-Leaves from the Finish Line (in Ellensburg) at 6:30am, transporting bikes in the trailer and participants on the bus. It is recommended that you pre-registered for this and the cost is $10. If the bus is full, you will have to transport yourself.
- THERE IS NO TRANSPORTATION BACK TO VANTAGE AFTER THE EVENT.
Early in the week prior to the event, you should receive a confirmation email that lists your bib number and registration information. You are strongly encouraged, but not required, to pick-up your packet on Friday or Saturday.
Packet Pick-Up :
At 8:30 am
You must be able to complete the course within 5 hours.
The bike and run courses will close at this time, including removal of aid stations and course marshals. Athletes who choose to continue must obey normal pedestrian traffic rules. Athletes finishing after this limit may not be recorded as official finishers or eligible for awards.
BuDu Racing, LLC is pleased to announce that participants receive an event shirt (logo will be posted soon). Shirts will not be available after July 18. We may have a small supply of shirts available on event day, on a first come first serve basis. These shirts are printed by Shirtworks, in Ellensburg.
For those wanting to purchase a wetsuit, we recommend Promotion Wetsuits and to rent a wetsuit, we recommend WetsuitRental.com. Water temperatures vary greatly from event to event, and year to year, and it is hard to estimate the temperature, until a measurement is taken. A wetsuit offers additional flotation which can improve your swim performance, helping you have more to give on the bike and run. WetsuitRental.com is able to offer next day delivery for participants in Washington and Oregon. To guarantee availability of one of their well-fit, brand name triathlon wetsuits, they do recommend you order from their website ahead of time. The rental cost is $45.00 and FedEx Ground shipping is only 1 day within WA state. You can direct questions to firstname.lastname@example.org or give them a call at 306-297-1818.
Local Support and Lodging:
|Mountain High Sports||
105 E 4th Ave, Ellensburg,Washington 98926
|Bicycle Shop||Recycle Shop||415 N. Main, Ellensburg, WA 98926
|Lodging||1620 Canyon Road, Ellensburg, 98926
PLEASE NOTE: This weekend is the Jazz Festival in Ellensburg, so the hotels will fill up quickly. If you do not plan ahead, you may not be able to secure a convenient hotel room.