XTERRA Vashon Island Off-Road Triathlon (Timing by BuDu Racing, LLC)
From Point Defiance/Tacoma Ferry, turn on to SW Tahlequah Road (go 0.2 mi). Continue on Vashon HWY SW (go 5.8 mi). Bear right on SW Quartermaster Drive (go 1.4 mi). Turn right on Dockton Road SW (go 3.4 mi) Dockton Road SW becomes SW Dock ST (go 0.1 mi). Park on right hand side of road at Dockton Park. From West Seattle Ferry, take Vashon HWY SW road. Bear left on SW Quartermaster Drive (go 1.4 mi). Turn right on Dockton Road SW (go 3.4 mi) Dockton Road SW becomes SW Dock ST (go 0.1 mi). Park on right hand side of road at King County's Dockton Park.
This event is promoted by Vashon Athletic Club, INC
|BuDu Racing, LLC is proud to announce that Vashon Athletic Club, INC is now the promoter for the XTERRA Vashon Off Road Triathlon and Dockton Trail Run. Dayna Rogers, and her team of volunteers has worked with BuDu Racing, LLC for a number of years, to assist with this event, and in 2012 began taking over the promotion of the event. BuDu Racing, LLC will still be working with the promoters, and will time the event as well.|
About this Event:
XTERRA Vashon Island puts you back on the mountain bike. Before you get to the start, enjoy the ferry on to Vashon and see the beauty of the Sound. Start with an 800M swim in Quartermaster Harbor, which is routinely 65 degrees in open salt water. Transfer to your bike, starting heading into the trails with great singletrack trails and awesome views of the Puget Sound, Mt. Rainier, and Tacoma. You will complete three loops, for a total of 14 miles. The trail run heads up a long, ascent into the trails for singletrack running, making two loops on the top of the course and back down to the finish line. Keep an eye for an eagle or two. You need to be able to be finished within 3 hours.
|Swim - 1/2 mile - Dock Start|
|Swim - 1/2 mile - Boat Launch Start|
|Bike Course - 3 loops-Total 12.4 miles|
|Run Course - 3.5 miles (2 loops at top of course)|
- Quick results - posted on site!
- Finishers Medals for each participant
- Post event food, which typically consists of:
- An assortment of muffins
- Meats and cheeses
- Peanut Butter & Jelly
- Fresh Fruit
- Top Finisher, Division and Age Group Awards
- Lots and lots of great prizes from our sponsors - handed out during the awards ceremony! (Can't win unless present - your name MAY be called!)
- Last and certainly NOT LEAST: Each participant receives a digital copy of a photo, of yourself while competing in the event. (You will be able to select a photo of your choice)
NON-USA Triathlon Members: A fee will be added to registration costs, to cover the cost of a one-day USA Triathlon license for every participant.(Youth, ages 17 and under, will be required to have a USAT annual membership.)
Registration is limited to the first 500 participants
Early Bird Pricing (ends two weeks prior to the event). Make sure and get this great price!
Regular Pricing begins June 23, 2013 at 12:10am
Online registration will close at 12:10am on July 6, 2013
- Registration may be available after this date, please check closer to event date for more information.
- An additional fee will be charged after online registration is closed.
|Early Bird Pricing until June 23||Regular Pricing begins June 24||After Online Registration Closes|
|Age Group, Clydesdale/Athena and Challenged Athlete||$60||$70||$75|
|Relay (2 Person)||$80||$90||$95|
This is the base price and does not include the USA Triathlon fee (if applicable), sales tax or the online registration fee.
- BuDu Racing, LLC will allow a refund up to one month prior to the event (if registered online, there is a fee to refund).
- Up to two weeks prior to the event, a transfer to another BuDu Racing, LLC event is allowed, but NO refunds.
- The week of the event, there are NO refunds or transfers.
- If you need to request a refund or transfer, please email info@BuDuRacing.com
- Event is USA Triathlon Sanctioned (For information about an annual USAT membership - go here! )
- Standard USA Triathlon Categories:
- Age Groups: under 19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34...65-69, 70 & over
- Athena/Clydesdale (women >165lbs, men >220lbs)
- Challenged Athlete (per XTERRA guidelines)
- USA Triathlon Rules enforced. This includes wearing a HELMET at ALL times when on your bike. No headsets are allowed on course.
Early in the week prior to the event, you should receive a confirmation email that lists your bib number and registration information. You are strongly encouraged, but not required, to pick-up your packet on Saturday.
Packet Pick-Up (At King County's Dockton Park):
Saturday: from 4-5 at Dockton Park
6-7pm at the Vashon Athletic Club
(19120 Vashon Hwy SW, Vashon WA
Sunday: from 7:30 to 8:30am.Sunday: 7:30 am to 8:30 am
At 9:00 am
Course will close at 12pm. Course marshalling and official timing will stop at this time.
For those wanting to purchase or rent a wetsuit, we recommend www.wetsuitrental.com. Water temperatures vary greatly from event to event, and year to year, and it is hard to estimate the temperature, until a measurement is taken. A wetsuit offers additional flotation which can improve your swim performance, helping you have more to give on the bike and run. WetuitRental.com is able to offer next day delivery for participants in Washington and Oregon. To guarantee availability of one of their well-fit, brand name triathlon wetsuits, they do recommend you order from their website ahead of time. The rental cost is $45.00 and FedEx Ground shipping is only 1 day within WA state. You can direct questions to email@example.com or give them a call at 306-297-1818.
|Bicycle Shop:||Vashon Island Bicycles, 22212 Wax Orchard Rd SW, Vashon, WA 98070, 206/463-6225|