Lake Sammamish Triathlon
From I-90 take exit 15 and go North follow to Sammamish Rd. Turn Left on Sammamish Rd follow for about 1/2 mile to Park entrance. The transition area and packet pickup is at Swim Beach.
Washington state parks now require a Discovery Pass to enter all WA state parks and recreation lands. Each vehicle entering the park will need to either have an annual pass ($30) or pay for a day pass ($10). Find out more infomration about the Discover Pass.
Been racing Triathlons for a while now? Feel like you’ve done it all? Looking for a Fun ‘new’ way to challenge yourself and your friends? Well you’re in luck. Enter the Retro Tri. No wetsuit, no fancy bikes, or high tech gear. Register and then make a suggested donation of $20 to Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation NW when you pick up your packet. Special Trophies and prizes will be awarded in the Retro-Tri category.
|0.25 Miles||14 Miles||3.2 Miles (Mostly trails)|
|On or before
|Sprint-Age Group or Clydesdale/Athena||$60||$70||$75|
|Sprint Relay (2 Person)||$80||$90||$95|
|Sprint-Relay (3 Person)||$90||$100||$105|
|Sprint-Retro (No Frills!!)||$60||$70||$75|
This is the base price and does not include the USA Triathlon fee (if applicable), sales tax or the online registration fee.
What is Retro?
No frills and a lot of spirit! Retro Spirit Award winners are selected by all racers at the triathlon. Winners exhibit an over-the-top retro look from bike and running shoes to clothing and lack of any wetsuit. You may not be fast but you will stand out! Retro Spirit Award winners embrace the triathlete of olde. From speedos and flowered caps to leather saddles and more bike spokes then you can count. Retro Spirit Award Winners receive a Mac & Jacks Growler each!What do I get with my Registration Fee?
- Quick results - posted on site!
- Finishers Medals for each participant, handcrafted by Sarah Rankin of Studio2You
- Post event food, which typically consists of:
- Top Finisher, Division and Age Group Awards
- Lots and lots of great prizes from our sponsors - handed out during the awards ceremony! (Can't win unless present - your name MAY be called!)
- Last and certainly NOT LEAST: Each participant receives a digital copy of a photo, of yourself while competing in the event. (You will be able to select a photo of your choice)
- Late fee - of $10 - kicks in after 12:10am on August 11th, 2012
- NON-USA Triathlon Members: A fee will be added to registration costs, to cover the cost of a one-day USA Triathlon license for every participant.(Youth, ages 17 and under, will be required to have a USAT annual membership.)
- An assortment of apparel will be available for purchase at an additional charge.
- Online registration will close at 12:10am on August 24th, 2012
- Registration may be available after this date, please check closer to event date for more information.
- An additional fee will be charged after online registration is closed.
- Event is USA Triathlon Sanctioned (For information about an annual USAT membership - go here! )
- Standard USA Triathlon Categories:
- Age Groups: under 19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34...65-69, 70 & over
- Athenas (women
- USA Triathlon Rules enforced. This includes wearing a HELMET at ALL times when on your bike. No headsets are allowed on course.
Early in the week prior to the event, you should receive a confirmation email that lists your bib number and registration information. You are strongly encouraged, but not required, to pick-up your packet on Friday evening.
Friday: 5 pm to 8 pm - At Issaquah REI 735 NW Gilman Blvd., Issaquah, WA 98027
Saturday: 5:30 am to 6:30 am - At Lake Sammamish State Park, 2000 Northwest Sammamish Road, Issaquah, WA 98027 (look to the left after you enter the park)
At 7:00 am
Course will close at 10:15 am. Course marshalling and official timing will stop at this time.
- Event Shirts
BuDu Racing, LLC is pleased to announce that participants will have the opportunity to purchase an event shirt. The great staff at Custom Shirt Shop, located in Tacoma, have put together some great logos for the BuDu Racing, LLC events, and have a couple of event shirts to choose from. There is also some BuDu Racing, LLC logoed items as well. We hope you take advantage of this opportunity. Please take a look at the online store: Event Shirts