From I-90 take exit 15 and go North follow to Sammamish Rd. Turn Left on Sammamish Rd follow for about 1/2 mile to Park entrance. The transition area and packet pickup is at Swim Beach.
Washington state parks now require a Discovery Pass to enter all WA state parks and recreation lands. Each vehicle entering the park will need to either have an annual pass ($30) or pay for a day pass ($10). Find out more infomration about the Discover Pass.
NO DAY OF RACE REGISTRATION!
We will allow onsite registration FRIDAY night only at the Issaquah REI from 5-8pm. There will be NO day of race registration.
BuDu Racing, LLC Charity of Choice: JDRF!
About this Event:
Join us at beautiful Lake Sammamish State Park for this great event. Take advantage of the 400M rectangular swim and then a fast 14 mile out and back ride along Lake Sammamish Parkway. You'll finish with a 3.2 mile run through the park along Issaquah Creek.
|0.25 Miles||14 Miles||3.2 Miles (Mostly trails)|
- Quick results - posted on site!
- Finishers Medals for each participant
- Post event food, which typically consists of:
- Top Finisher, Division and Age Group Awards
- Lots and lots of great prizes from our sponsors - handed out during the awards ceremony! (Can't win unless present - your name MAY be called!)
- Last and certainly NOT LEAST: Each participant receives a digital copy of a photo, of yourself while competing in the event. (You will be able to select a photo of your choice)
NON-USA Triathlon Members: A fee will be added to registration costs, to cover the cost of a one-day USA Triathlon license for every participant.(Youth, ages 17 and under, will be required to have a USAT annual membership.)
Early Bird Pricing (ends two weeks prior to the event). Make sure and get this great price!
Regular Pricing goes into effect on August 10, 2013 at 12:10am
Online registration will close at 12:10am on August 23th, 2013
- Registration may be available after this date, please check closer to event date for more information.
- An additional fee will be charged after online registration is closed.
|Early Bird Pricing until August 9||Regular Pricing Begins
|Sprint-Age Group or Clydesdale/Athena||$60||$70||$75|
|Sprint Relay (2 Person)||$80||$90||$95|
|Sprint-Relay (3 Person)||$90||$100||$105|
|Sprint-Retro (No Frills!!)||$60||$70||$75|
|Sprint-"I'm Going to Tri It"
This is the base price and does not include the USA Triathlon fee (if applicable), sales tax or the online registration fee.
- BuDu Racing, LLC will allow a refund up to one month prior to the event (if registered online, there is a fee to refund).
- Up to two weeks prior to the event, a transfer to another BuDu Racing, LLC event is allowed, but NO refunds.
- The week of the event, there are NO refunds or transfers.
- If you need to request a refund or transfer, please email info@BuDuRacing.com
What is Retro?
Been racing triathlons for awhile now? Feel like you've done it all? Looking for a fun new way to challenge yourself and your friends? Well, you're in luck! Enter the Retro Tri. No wetsuit, no fancy bikes, or high tech gear. No frills and a lot of spirit! Retro Spirit Award winners are selected by all racers at the triathlon. Winners exhibit an over-the-top retro look from bike and running shoes to clothing and lack of any wetsuit. You may not be fast but you will stand out! Retro Spirit Award winners embrace the triathlete of olde. From speedos and flowered caps to leather saddles and more bike spokes then you can count. Retro Spirit Award Winners receive a Mac & Jacks Growler each! Register and then make a suggested donation of $20 to the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation NW when you pick up your packet.
What is "I'm Going to Tri It"?
This category is designed for first time triathletes, or friends and family members who want to participate with the first time triathlete as an encouragement. It is a non-competitive category, so NO placing awards will be given out. You will get your times and a finisher award.
- Event is USA Triathlon Sanctioned (For information about an annual USAT membership - go here! )
- Standard USA Triathlon Categories:
- Age Groups: under 19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34...65-69, 70 & over
- Athenas (women more than 165lbs), Clydesdale (men more than 220lbs)
- USA Triathlon Rules enforced. This includes wearing a HELMET at ALL times when on your bike. No headsets are allowed on course.
Early in the week prior to the event, you should receive a confirmation email that lists your bib number and registration information. You are strongly encouraged, but not required, to pick-up your packet on Friday evening.
Friday: 5 pm to 8 pm - At Issaquah REI 735 NW Gilman Blvd., Issaquah, WA 98027
Saturday: 5:30 am to 6:30 am - At Lake Sammamish State Park, 2000 Northwest Sammamish Road, Issaquah, WA 98027 (look to the left after you enter the park)
At 7:00 am
Course will close at 10:15 am. Course marshalling and official timing will stop at this time.
For those wanting to purchase a wetsuit, we recommend Promotion Wetsuits and to rent a wetsuit, we recommend WetsuitRental.com. Water temperatures vary greatly from event to event, and year to year, and it is hard to estimate the temperature, until a measurement is taken. A wetsuit offers additional flotation which can improve your swim performance, helping you have more to give on the bike and run. WetsuitRental.com is able to offer next day delivery for participants in Washington and Oregon. To guarantee availability of one of their well-fit, brand name triathlon wetsuits, they do recommend you order from their website ahead of time. The rental cost is $45.00 and FedEx Ground shipping is only 1 day within WA state. You can direct questions to firstname.lastname@example.org or give them a call at 306-297-1818.