Bonney Lake Triathlon Past Results
ONLINE REGISTRATION CLOSED as of Tuesday, August 29, as the cap has been reached. We will not be allowing onsite registration.
BuDu Racing, LLC is proud to pledge a portion of the registration fees to support the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation (JDRF). The mission of JDRF is to find a cure for diabetes and its complications through the support of research. Type 1 diabetes is an autoimmune disease that strikes children and adults suddenly, and can be fatal. Until a cure is found, people with type 1 diabetes have to test their blood sugar and give themselves insulin, every day of their lives. And even with that intensive care, insulin is not a cure for diabetes, nor does it prevent its eventual and devastating complications, which may include kidney failure, blindness, heart disease, stroke, and amputation.
|For more event information and online registration, please go to the following link:|
This is a USA Triathlon
Multiple Event Discount
To learn more about the Multiple Event Discount and the BuDu Championship please go to: Multiple Event Discount
|For 2017, Mjolnir Cycles will again be awarding a fully custom steel frame and fork to one lucky recipient who participates in three BuDu multi-sport events in the 2017 season. This is being expanded this year to include the east-side events (Moses Lake Triathlon and Ellensburg Triathlon) as well as the three west-side events (Mount Rainier Duathlon, Bonney Lake Triathlon, and Lake Stevens Triathlon). The frame and fork will be awarded at the Lake Stevens Triathlon on September 9th, but you don't need to be present to win. Last year's winner, Leighton Overson, opted to have a gravel bike made for him, fully fitted and custom made to his specifications, with disc brakes and fender mounts. What would you choose? Check out their website at: Mjolnir Cycles|
About This Event
Enjoy your “Labor of Love” triathlon with either a Sprint or Olympic distance race in beautiful Bonney Lake on Labor Day Saturday. Bask in the waters of Lake Tapps, pedal the back roads of Pierce County through rich farmlands, and run in the foothills all while enjoying breathtaking views of Lake Tapps and majestic Mount Rainier. Bonney Lake, a triathlete’s dream race and reward for your years of labor.
|This is event is promoted by both BuDu Racing, LLC and the Chamber Collective. It is a great partnership.|
(finish by 12pm)
(finish by 12pm)
What do I get with my Registration Fee?
- Quick results - posted on site!
- Finishers Medals for each participant
- Post event food, which typically consists of:
- Breads and bakery products
- Meats and cheeses
- Peanut Butter & Jelly, and Nutella
- Fresh Fruit
- Top Finisher, Division and Age Group Awards
- Lots and lots of great prizes from our sponsors - handed out during the awards ceremony! (Can't win unless present - your name MAY be called!)
- Last and certainly NOT LEAST: Each participant (who registers at least 1 month in advance of the event) will receive a promotional item, yet to be determined.
NON-USA Triathlon Members: A fee will be added to registration costs, to cover the cost of a one-day USA Triathlon license for every participant. The fee for Adults (persons aged 18 in the current year) will pay $15. Youth, ages 17 and under (in the current year) are offered the annual license at a cost of $10.
Registration is limited to the first 350 participants. Registration maxed out in 2016. Please plan accordingly, and register early.
Early Bird Pricing (ends two weeks prior to the event). Make sure and get this great price!
Regular Pricing begins August 19, 2017 at 12:10am
Online registration will close at 12:10am on September 1, 2017
- Registration may be available after this date, please check closer to event date for more information.
- An additional fee will be charged for onsite registration.
|Early Bird Pricing until August 18||Regular Pricing begins August 19||Onsite Registration|
|Sprint-Age Group or Clydesdale/Athena||$65||$75||$85|
|Sprint-Relay (2 Person)||$85||$95||$105|
|Sprint-Relay (3 Person)||$95||$105||$115|
|Olympic-Age Group or Clydesdale/Athena||$75||$85||$95|
|Olympic Relay (2 Person)||$95||$105||$115|
|Olympic-Relay (3 Person)||$105||$115||$125|
This is the base price and does not include the USA Triathlon fee (if applicable), or the online registration fee.
- BuDu Racing, LLC will allow a refund up to one month prior to the event minus a $5 processing fee (the online registration fee is nonrefundable).
- Up to two weeks prior to the event, a transfer to another BuDu Racing, LLC event is allowed, but NO refunds. There will be $10 fee that the participant will be responsible for when transferring to another event.
- The week of the event, there are NO refunds or transfers.
If you need to request a refund or transfer, please email info@BuDuRacing.com
- Event is USA Triathlon Sanctioned
- Standard USA Triathlon Categories:
- Age Groups: under 19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34...65-69, 70 & over
- Athenas (women >165 lbs.) and Clydesdale (men >220 lbs.)
- USA Triathlon Rules enforced. This includes wearing a HELMET at ALL times when on your bike. No headsets are allowed on course.
Early in the week prior to the event, you should receive a confirmation email that lists your bib number and registration email. You are strongly encouraged, but not required, to pick-up your packet early.
Thursday: 3 to 6:30pm (changed times due to Seahawk Game) at The Balanced Athlete (800 N 10th Place, Suite F, Renton, WA 98057)
Friday: 5pm to 7:30pm at Allan Yorke Park (7265 W Tapps Hwy E Bonney Lake, WA 98391)
Saturday: 6:30am to 8:00am at Allan Yorke Park
At 8:00am: Olympic Distance Swim
~ 8:30am: Sprint Distance Swim (Will start once the Olympic swim is completed)
Course will close at noon. Course marshalling and official timing will stop at this time. Please sign up for the course you can complete.
BuDu Racing, LLC is pleased to announce that participants will have the opportunity to purchase a short sleeve tech event shirt with this logo. You will need to purchase the shirt when you register online, for an additional $15. Shirts will not be available for purchase after August 25th. We may have a small supply of shirts for purchase at packet pick up, on a first come first serve basis.
For those wanting to purchase a wetsuit, BuDu recommends Promotion Wetsuits and to rent a wetsuit BuDu recommends WetsuitRental.com. At WetsuitRental.com, they strive to take the stress out of the wetsuit selection and handling process by offering a comprehensive rental package that they believe is the best value in the industry. Cost is $65
- They will ship your wetsuit out two weeks before your event giving you time to train with it before the big day
- Your wetsuit ships via US Postal Service Priority Mail to your door for free. This means a 1-2-day delivery time to the Pacific NW,
- Everything needed for a hassle-free return of your rental wetsuit will be shipped out with your suit - including a prepaid return postage label,
- Their all-inclusive wetsuit rental package includes a fit-guarantee (necessary size replacements requested at least 3 days before your event ship free),
- Every rental includes a $50 credit towards the purchase of any used or new wetsuit in their inventory, and
- You'll experience their proven 5-star service and discover a wealth of knowledge and expertise. (check out their reviews!).
- They have wetsuit sizes available for the whole family. And the more you rent, the more you save. Plus, checkout with code LOVEBUDU to save an additional $5!
Local Support and Lodging: