2021 BuDu Champs
09/04/21Bonney Lake Triathlon
04/25/21Mt Rainier Duathlon Long and Short Courses
Bonney Lake Triathlon Past Results
COVID Safety Protocol
BuDu Racing, llc will be implementing some of the following safety measures (list is not all inclusive) to maximize the safety for participants, spectators, volunteers and staff:
Prior to coming to packet pick up or to the event, we are asking the following of anyone at the event: Monitor your Covid symptoms and vulnerability; and out of an abundance of caution, ALL participants (and ALL spectators) should wear mask at all times when near other people, which means at ALL times when in the Transition Area, except while participating (please carry a mask with you for when you finish). If you have any symptoms or have been around anyone who does, please email Deanna@BuDuRacing.com and we will defer or refund (as appropriate-if you ordered a shirt, I can not change that at this time).
PLEASE mask for packet pick up and at any time before and after the event. This is not something that we will be debating with you. If you have a spectator with you, he/she will need to be masked during the event.
Packet Pick Up
Post Race Food
Registration has CLOSED
We are at capacity, so we will not be allowing onsite registration. Thank you for your understanding.
BuDu Racing, LLC Charity of Choice: JDRF!
Please look over the map below regarding parking at the event. There are two lots available for parking for this event.
|For more event information and online registration, please go to the following link:|
This is a USA Triathlon
Multiple Event Discount
To learn more about the Multiple Event Discount and the BuDu Championship please go to: Multiple Event Discount
NON-USA Triathlon Members: A fee will be added to registration costs, to cover the cost of a one-day USA Triathlon license for every participant. The fee for Adults (persons aged 18 in the current year) will pay $15. Youth, ages 17 and under (in the current year) are offered the annual license at a cost of $10.
Registration is limited to the first 350 participants (may be adjusted one month out, based on ordering finisher awards). Registration maxed out in 2017 and 2018. Please plan accordingly, and register early.
Early Bird Pricing (ends on December 31)
Regular Pricing (starts January 1) Make sure and get this great price!
Last Chance Pricing (2 weeks prior to event) goes into effect at 12:10am on August 21, 2021
Online registration will close at 8:00am on September 3, 2021
- We will not be allowing onsite registration
Early Bird Pricing until 12/31
|Regular Pricing through 8/20||Last Chance Pricing Ends 9/3||Onsite Registration
|Sprint-Age Group or Clydesdale/Athena||$70||$75||$85||$95|
|Sprint Relay (2 Person)||$80||$95||$105||$115|
|Sprint-Relay (3 Person)||$100||$105||$115||$125|
|Olympic-Age Group or Clydesdale/Athena||$80||$85||$95||$105|
|Olympic Relay (2 Person)||$100||$105||$115||$125|
|Olympic-Relay (3 Person)||$110||$115||$125||$135|
This is the base price and does not include the USA Triathlon fee (if applicable), or the online registration fee.
About this Event
Enjoy your “Labor of Love” triathlon with either a Sprint or Olympic distance race in beautiful Bonney Lake on Labor Day Saturday. Bask in the waters of Lake Tapps, pedal the back roads of Pierce County through rich farmlands, and run in the foothills all while enjoying breathtaking views of Lake Tapps and majestic Mount Rainier. Bonney Lake, a triathlete’s dream race and reward for your years of labor.
|This is event is promoted by both BuDu Racing, LLC and the Chamber Collective. It is a great partnership.|
What do I get with my Registration Fee?
Some of this is subject to change based on Covid-19 protocol:
- Quick results - posted on site!
- Finishers Medals for each participant
- Post event food, which typically consists of:
- Breads and bakery products
- Meats and cheeses
- Peanut Butter & Jelly, and Nutella
- Fresh Fruit
- Top Finisher, Division and Age Group Awards
- Lots and lots of great prizes from our sponsors - handed out during the awards ceremony! (Can't win unless present - your name MAY be called!)
- Last and certainly NOT LEAST: Each participant (who registers at least 1 month in advance of the event) will receive a promotional item, yet to be determined.
- BuDu Racing, LLC will allow a refund up to one month prior to the event minus a $5 processing fee (the online registration fee is nonrefundable).
- Up to two weeks prior to the event, a transfer to another BuDu Racing, LLC event is allowed, but NO refunds. There will be $10 fee that the participant will be responsible for when transferring to another event.
- The week of the event, there are NO refunds or transfers.
- If you need to request a refund or transfer, please email info@BuDuRacing.com
Should a Covid cancellation happen, just like in 2020, we will offer either a transfer to a future event, a refund or the ability to donate (as we used funds to donate to the JDRF).
(1 hour limit)
(finish by 11am)
(finish by 12pm)
(30 min limit)
(finish by 11am)
(finish by 12pm)
The swim is a waist level water start, with expected water temperatures of 68-72. The bike course is on rural roads. The run is on paved roadways.
- Event is USA Triathlon Sanctioned
- Standard USA Triathlon Categories:
- Age Groups: under 19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34...65-69, 70 & over
- Athenas (women >165 lbs.) and Clydesdale (men >220 lbs.)
- USA Triathlon Rules enforced. This includes wearing a HELMET at ALL times when on your bike. No headsets are allowed on course.
Early in the week prior to the event, you should receive a confirmation email that lists your bib number and registration email. PLEASE, make every effort to pick up your packet early.
At BuDu Headquarters by appointment only (email Deanna@BuDuRacing.com to schedule)
Thursday: 4:00pm to 6:00pm at Corpore Sano PT (parking lot)
Friday: 5pm to 7:00pm at Allan Yorke Park (7265 W Tapps Hwy E Bonney Lake, WA 98391)
Saturday: 6:30am to 7:40am at Allan Yorke Park
There is only one transition area, and it will open the morning of the event at 6:30 and be monitored by volunteers at 7:15.
At 8:00am: Olympic Distance Swim
~ 8:15-30am: Sprint Distance Swim (Will start once the Olympic swim is completed)
Course will close at noon. Course marshalling and official timing will stop at this time. Please sign up for the course you can complete.
USAT Competitive Rules
This is an important link to go to. It is every participants responsiblity to know these rules.
BuDu Racing, LLC is pleased to announce that participants will have the opportunity to purchase a short sleeve tech event shirt with this logo. You will need to purchase the shirt when you register online, for an additional $15. Shirts will not be available for purchase after August 19th. We may have a small supply of shirts for purchase at packet pick up, on a first come first serve basis.
For those wanting to purchase a wetsuit, BuDu recommends Promotion Wetsuits and to rent a wetsuit BuDu recommends WetsuitRental.com. At WetsuitRental.com, they strive to take the stress out of the wetsuit selection and handling process by offering a comprehensive rental package that they believe is the best value in the industry.
- They will ship your wetsuit out two weeks before your event giving you time to train with it before the big day
- Your wetsuit ships via US Postal Service Priority Mail to your door for free. This means a 1-2-day delivery time to the Pacific NW,
- Everything needed for a hassle-free return of your rental wetsuit will be shipped out with your suit - including a prepaid return postage label,
- Their all-inclusive wetsuit rental package includes a fit-guarantee (necessary size replacements requested at least 3 days before your event ship free),
- Every rental includes a $50 credit towards the purchase of any used or new wetsuit in their inventory, and
- You'll experience their proven 5-star service and discover a wealth of knowledge and expertise. (check out their reviews!).
- They have wetsuit sizes available for the whole family. And the more you rent, the more you save.