2021 BuDu Champs
09/04/21Bonney Lake Triathlon
04/25/21Mt Rainier Duathlon Long and Short Courses
Lake Stevens Triathlon Results
BuDu Racing, llc will be implementing some of the following safety measures (list is not all inclusive) to maximize the safety for participants, spectators, volunteers and staff:
Prior to coming to packet pick up or to the event, we are asking the following of anyone at the event: Monitor your Covid symptoms and vulnerability; and out of an abundance of caution, ALL participants (and ALL spectators) should wear mask at all times when near other people, which means at ALL times when in the Transition Area, except while participating (please carry a mask with you for when you finish). If you have any symptoms or have been around anyone who does, please email Deanna@BuDuRacing.com and we will defer or refund (as appropriate-if you ordered a shirt, I can not change that at this time).
PLEASE mask for packet pick up and at any time before and after the event. This is not something that we will be debating with you. If you have a spectator with you, he/she will need to be masked during the event.
Packet Pick Up week of event
Post Race Food
Registration has CLOSED
We are at capacity as of 8/11/21. We will not be allowing onsite registration. Please DO NOT call or email.
- Merge onto US-2 E toward Snohomish.
- Merge onto WA-204 E via the ramp on the Left toward Lake Stevens.
- Turn Left onto WA-9.
- Turn Right onto WA-92.
- Turn Right onto Grade RD.
- Turn Right onto Hartford DR. Hartford DR becomes Main ST/124th Ave NE.
- End at 18th St NE & Main St Lake Stevens, WA 98258
BuDu Racing, LLC Charity of Choice: JDRF!
BuDu Racing, LLC is proud to pledge a portion of the registration fees to support the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation (JDRF). The mission of JDRF is to find a cure for diabetes and its complications through the support of research. Type 1 diabetes is an autoimmune disease that strikes children and adults suddenly, and can be fatal. Until a cure is found, people with type 1 diabetes have to test their blood sugar and give themselves insulin, every day of their lives. And even with that intensive care, insulin is not a cure for diabetes, nor does it prevent its eventual and devastating complications, which may include kidney failure, blindness, heart disease, stroke, and amputation.
|For more event information and online registration, please go to the following link:|
This is a USA Triathlon
NON-USA Triathlon Members: A fee will be added to registration costs, to cover the cost of a one-day USA Triathlon license for every participant. The fee for Adults (persons aged 18 in the current year) will pay $15. Youth, ages 17 and under (in the current year) are offered the annual license at a cost of $10.Registration is limited to the first 450 participants (may be adjusted one month out, based on ordering finisher awards) or Covid-19 Regional Phase.
Early Bird Pricing (ends on December 31)
Regular Pricing (starts January 1) Make sure and get this great price!
Last Chance Pricing (2 weeks prior to event) goes into effect at 12:10am on August 28, 2021
Online registration will close at 8:00am on September 10, 2021
- Registration may be available after this date, please check closer to event date for more information. However this event had sold out the 4 years prior to 2020. Please plan accordingly, and register early.
- An additional fee will be charged for onsite registration if it is available.
Early Bird Pricing through 12/31
Regular Pricing through 8/27
|Last Chance Pricing Ends 9/10 (at 8am)||Onsite Registration (if available)|
|Sprint-Age Group or Clydesdale/Athena||$70||$75||$85||$95|
|Sprint Relay (2 Person)||$90||$95||$105||$115|
|Sprint-Relay (3 Person)||$100||$105||$115||$125|
|Olympic-Age Group or Clydesdale/Athena||$80||$85||$95||$105|
|Olympic Relay (2 Person)||$100||$105||$115||$125|
|Olympic-Relay (3 Person)||$110||$115||$125||$135|
This is the base price and does not include the USA Triathlon fee (if applicable), or the online registration fee.
About this Event
Take your choice of the Sprint (short) or Olympic (long) distance in Lake Stevens. Both swim courses are a deep water start off of the dock at North Cove Park. The Sprint does an out and back bike course and the Olympic starts the same, but heads out further to a turn-around point. The run is one loop for the Sprint and two loops for the Olympic along the shore of the Lake with a peaceful and beautiful view of the lake.
What do I get with my Registration Fee?
Some of this is subject to change based on Covid-19 protocol:
- Quick results - posted on site!
- Finishers Medals for each participant
- Post event food, which typically consists of:
- Breads and bakery products
- Meats and cheeses
- Peanut Butter & Jelly, and Nutella
- Fresh Fruit
- Top Finisher, Division and Age Group Awards
- Lots and lots of great prizes from our sponsors - handed out during the awards ceremony! (Can't win unless present - your name MAY be called!)
- Last and certainly NOT LEAST: Each participant (who registers at least 1 month in advance of the event) will receive a promotional item, yet to be determined.
- BuDu Racing, LLC will allow a refund up to one month prior to the event minus a $5 processing fee (the online registration fee is nonrefundable).
- Up to two weeks prior to the event, a transfer to another BuDu Racing, LLC event is allowed, but NO refunds. There will be $10 fee that the participant will be responsible for when transferring to another event.
- The week of the event, there are NO refunds or transfers.
- If you need to request a refund or transfer, please email info@BuDuRacing.com
Should a Covid cancellation happen, just like in 2020, we will offer either a transfer to a future event, a refund or the ability to donate (as we used funds to donate to the JDRF).
The City of Lake Stevens has been updating the park area, and we will be utilizing it for the entire event. The maps are all updated. This update means the swim will not be at the boat launch, and neither will the transition area. The bike is a touch shorter, as well.
24.8 Miles (out and back)
|9.8 Miles (Turn around at triangle 'S')||
- Event is USA Triathlon Sanctioned (For information about an annual USAT membership - go here!)
- Standard USA Triathlon Categories:
- Age Groups: under 19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34...65-69, 70 & over
- Athenas (women more than 165lbs) and Clydesdale (men more than 220lbs)
- USA Triathlon Rules enforced. This includes wearing a HELMET at ALL times when on your bike. No headsets are allowed on course.
Early in the week prior to the event, you should receive a confirmation email that lists your bib number and registration information. You are strongly encouraged, but not required, to pick-up your packet early.
Packet Pick Up Prior to Event Date
At BuDu Headquarters by appointment only (email Deanna@BuDuRacing.com to schedule)
Wednesday: 4:00pm to 6:00pm at Corpore Sano PT (parking lot)
Thursday: 4:00pm to 7:00pm at BuDu Headquarters (this is a neighborhood, so please park appropriately)
Friday: 5pm to 7:00pm at North Cove Park (***NOT at the Boat Launch***)
Saturday: 6:30am to 7:40am at North Cove Park
There is only one transition area, and it will open the morning of the event at 6:30 and be monitored by volunteers at 7:15.
At 8:00 am: Olympic Distance Swim
~ 8:15-30 am: Sprint Distance Swim (Will start once the last Olympic swimmer is around the last buoy)
Course will close at noon. Course marshalling and official timing will stop at this time.
Day of Event Parking
PLEASE NOTE PARKING:
- Lake Stevens Boys and Girls Club (BuDu makes a donation to this organization)
- Lake Stevens Brewing Company (opens at 1pm)
- Lot in front of the Lake Stevens Fire Department
- Street parking (It is your responsibility to park properly or risk being towed)
(Please make sure and pick up any trash you may have dropped.) In the past there have been participants and spectators who were parking inappropriately and the police are ready to give tickets, so please remember to park legally! Business are willing to have you towed as well if parked inappropriately.
Also, please remember to support the local businesses of Lake Stevens, and tell them you are here because of this BuDu event!
USA Triathlon Competitive Rules
This is an important link to go to. It is every participants responsiblity to know these rules.
BuDu Racing, LLC is pleased to announce that participants will have the opportunity to purchase a short sleeve tech event shirt with this logo. You will need to purchase the shirt when you register online, for an additional $15. Shirts will not be available for purchase after August 22. We may have a small supply of shirts for purchase at packet pick up, on a first come first serve basis.
For those wanting to purchase a wetsuit, BuDu recommends Promotion Wetsuits and to rent a wetsuit BuDu recommends WetsuitRental.com. At WetsuitRental.com, they strive to take the stress out of the wetsuit selection and handling process by offering a comprehensive rental package that they believe is the best value in the industry.
- They will ship your wetsuit out two weeks before your event giving you time to train with it before the big day
- Your wetsuit ships via US Postal Service Priority Mail to your door for free. This means a 1-2-day delivery time to the Pacific NW,
- Everything needed for a hassle-free return of your rental wetsuit will be shipped out with your suit - including a prepaid return postage label,
- Their all-inclusive wetsuit rental package includes a fit-guarantee (necessary size replacements requested at least 3 days before your event ship free),
- Every rental includes a $50 credit towards the purchase of any used or new wetsuit in their inventory, and
- You'll experience their proven 5-star service and discover a wealth of knowledge and expertise. (check out their reviews!).
- They have wetsuit sizes available for the whole family. And the more you rent, the more you save.