2020 BuDu Champs
09/05/20CANCELED Bonney Lake Sprint Triathlon
05/31/20CANCELED - Mt Rainier Duathlon Long and Short Courses
Bonney Lake Triathlon Past Results
Cancellation of the 2020 Bonney Lake Triathlon
It is with huge sadness that we made the decision to cancel the 2020 Bonney Lake Triathlon, as it is pretty clear that the Washington State Phases for a Safe Opening are not moving fast enough for us to ensure we can promote the event. We know that all of you enjoy the competitive, fun nature of our events and were hoping to participate as much as we were looking forward to seeing you.
For those of you who registered, I will be sending out an email from RunSignUp later this week giving you a few options that you will be able to select:
1) Defer your registration fee to 2021
2) Donate your registration fee to the event, which be donated to the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation and used to cover the costs already spent for the event
3) Choose to donate a portion and Defer/Refund the rest of the funds
4) Request a refund
BuDu Racing, LLC Charity of Choice: JDRF!
Please look over the map below regarding parking at the event. There are two lots available for parking for this event.
|For more event information and online registration, please go to the following link:|
This is a USA Triathlon
Multiple Event Discount
To learn more about the Multiple Event Discount and the BuDu Championship please go to: Multiple Event Discount
NON-USA Triathlon Members: A fee will be added to registration costs, to cover the cost of a one-day USA Triathlon license for every participant. The fee for Adults (persons aged 18 in the current year) will pay $15. Youth, ages 17 and under (in the current year) are offered the annual license at a cost of $10.
Registration is limited to the first 425 participants (may be adjusted one month out, based on ordering finisher awards). Registration maxed out in 2017 and 2018. Please plan accordingly, and register early.
Early Bird Pricing (ends on December 31)
Regular Pricing (starts January 1) Make sure and get this great price!
Last Chance Pricing (2 weeks prior to event) goes into effect at 12:10am on August 22, 2020
Online registration will close at 8:00am on August 5, 2020
- Registration may be available after this date, please check closer to event date for more information.
- An additional fee will be charged for onsite registration.
Early Bird Pricing until 12/31
|Last Chance Pricing Ends 8/5||Onsite Registration|
|Sprint-Age Group or Clydesdale/Athena||$65||$80||$90|
|Sprint Relay (2 Person)||$85||$100||$110|
|Sprint-Relay (3 Person)||$95||$110||$120|
|Olympic-Age Group or Clydesdale/Athena||$75||$90||$100|
|Olympic Relay (2 Person)||$95||$110||$120|
|Olympic-Relay (3 Person)||$105||$120||$130|
This is the base price and does not include the USA Triathlon fee (if applicable), or the online registration fee.
About this Event
Enjoy your “Labor of Love” triathlon with either a Sprint or Olympic distance race in beautiful Bonney Lake on Labor Day Saturday. Bask in the waters of Lake Tapps, pedal the back roads of Pierce County through rich farmlands, and run in the foothills all while enjoying breathtaking views of Lake Tapps and majestic Mount Rainier. Bonney Lake, a triathlete’s dream race and reward for your years of labor.
|This is event is promoted by both BuDu Racing, LLC and the Chamber Collective. It is a great partnership.|
What do I get with my Registration Fee?
- Quick results - posted on site!
- Finishers Medals for each participant
- Post event food, which typically consists of:
Breads and bakery products
- Meats and cheeses
- Peanut Butter & Jelly, and Nutella
- Fresh Fruit
- Top Finisher, Division and Age Group Awards
- Lots and lots of great prizes from our sponsors - handed out during the awards ceremony! (Can't win unless present - your name MAY be called!)
- Last and certainly NOT LEAST: Each participant (who registers at least 1 month in advance of the event) will receive a promotional item, yet to be determined.
- BuDu Racing, LLC will allow a refund up to one month prior to the event minus a $5 processing fee (the online registration fee is nonrefundable).
- Up to two weeks prior to the event, a transfer to another BuDu Racing, LLC event is allowed, but NO refunds. There will be $10 fee that the participant will be responsible for when transferring to another event.
- The week of the event, there are NO refunds or transfers.
If you need to request a refund or transfer, please email info@BuDuRacing.com
(1 hour limit)
(finish by 11am)
(finish by 12pm)
(30 min limit)
(finish by 11am)
(finish by 12pm)
The swim is a waist level water start, with expected water temperatures of 68-72. The bike course is on rural roads. The run is on paved roadways.
- Event is USA Triathlon Sanctioned
- Standard USA Triathlon Categories:
- Age Groups: under 19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34...65-69, 70 & over
- Athenas (women >165 lbs.) and Clydesdale (men >220 lbs.)
- USA Triathlon Rules enforced. This includes wearing a HELMET at ALL times when on your bike. No headsets are allowed on course.
Early in the week prior to the event, you should receive a confirmation email that lists your bib number and registration email. You are strongly encouraged, but not required, to pick-up your packet early.
Thursday: 4 to 6:30pm at Fleet Feet Renton (800 N 10th Place, Suite F, Renton, WA 98057)
Friday: 5pm to 7:30pm at Allan Yorke Park (7265 W Tapps Hwy E Bonney Lake, WA 98391)
Saturday: 6:30am to 8:00am at Allan Yorke Park
At 8:00am: Olympic Distance Swim
~ 8:30am: Sprint Distance Swim (Will start once the Olympic swim is completed)
Course will close at noon. Course marshalling and official timing will stop at this time. Please sign up for the course you can complete.
USAT Competitive Rules
This is an important link to go to. It is every participants responsiblity to know these rules.
BuDu Racing, LLC is pleased to announce that participants will have the opportunity to purchase a short sleeve tech event shirt with this logo. You will need to purchase the shirt when you register online, for an additional $15. Shirts will not be available for purchase after August 23th. We may have a small supply of shirts for purchase at packet pick up, on a first come first serve basis.
For those wanting to purchase a wetsuit, BuDu recommends Promotion Wetsuits and to rent a wetsuit BuDu recommends WetsuitRental.com. At WetsuitRental.com, they strive to take the stress out of the wetsuit selection and handling process by offering a comprehensive rental package that they believe is the best value in the industry.
- They will ship your wetsuit out two weeks before your event giving you time to train with it before the big day
- Your wetsuit ships via US Postal Service Priority Mail to your door for free. This means a 1-2-day delivery time to the Pacific NW,
- Everything needed for a hassle-free return of your rental wetsuit will be shipped out with your suit - including a prepaid return postage label,
- Their all-inclusive wetsuit rental package includes a fit-guarantee (necessary size replacements requested at least 3 days before your event ship free),
- Every rental includes a $50 credit towards the purchase of any used or new wetsuit in their inventory, and
- You'll experience their proven 5-star service and discover a wealth of knowledge and expertise. (check out their reviews!).
- They have wetsuit sizes available for the whole family. And the more you rent, the more you save.